Saturday 1 November 2008

Trick Or Treat? - 31 Oct 08 21.57pm

Halloween has come back once again.

There seemed to be alot of trick or treaters about tonight - much more than usual. I was in the house by myself until about 6pm and the doorbell was going every 5 freakin' minutes.

In all honesty though, it was quite nice. I liked greeting the excited little kids at the door, all dressed up, and giving them the old "oooh very scary!" routine - then letting them plunge their sticky hands into the bowl of goodies that we prepared. It maked me feel good to be a part of it. As corny as it sounds, their little smiles make me feel warm inside, like im doing a good thing.

It's occured to me that a year or two ago, I probably would have wound down the blinds, hidden away and ignored the knocks and the ringing of the bell, just to avoid having to go through the forced, awkard process of communicating with strangers.

Such a teenager-ish way to behave. I can see that now, and it makes me realise that I must be growing up.

No comments: